MING CHIAO CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP*
OF THE SUMI-E SOCIETY OF AMERICA INC (SSA) **
Minnesota Bridge…a cultural bridge between East and West
2018 MING CHIAO OFFICERS:
President: Pat Gustafson
Contact: P.O. Box 831 Faribault, MN 55021 Email: email@example.com
Vice President: Chris Wilson
Secretary: Sue Fredrickson
Treasurer: Jill Sizer
Membership/Social Media: Amy Bounds
Librarian: Jim McGuire
Ming Chiao membership is open to any individual interested in East Asian painting and/or East Asian calligraphy. Our members include all skill levels from beginners to masters, as well as those who don’t paint but wish to learn about the art form.
Ming Chiao Chapter meets every other month to discuss business, plan special activities including workshops and exhibitions, and to participate in an after-meeting program related to Sumi-e.
Annual Dues: $35 Ming Chiao Membership Application
Benefits of Ming Chiao membership include:
• Camaraderie with others interested in the art form
• Opportunity to share current artwork at each meeting
• Participation in special member-only workshops and activities
• Exhibit artwork in member-only shows
• Participate in outreach art-related programs
• Borrow books and DVDs from Ming Chiao library
• Use of Ming Chiao Art Cart for public demonstrations and children’s classes
MIng Chiao Membership Chair: Amy Bounds firstname.lastname@example.org
*Ming Chiao Chapter membership is separate from Sumi-e Society of America membership.
**You may join either or both chapters and pay appropriate fee for each chapter.
SUMI-E SOCIETY OF AMERICA INC (SSA) MEMBERSHIP
Connect East & West through East Asian Brush Painting
The Sumi-e Society of America is an educational non-profit organization 501(c)(3) founded in 1963. Membership is open to painters and non-painters. The Society has many chapters and a National Board of Directors. It is incorporated in the State of New York and is a tax-exempt organization.
Annual Dues: $40 SSA Membership Application
Benefits of SSA membership include:
• Quarterly magazine featuring members’ artworks, chapter activities and reports, spotlight on a featured artist and instructional articles.
• Camaraderie with Sumi-e artists from across the U.S. and other locations
• Priority registration in annual workshop with renowned Sumi-e artist
• Reduced registration fees for annual juried exhibition
• Annual exhibition catalog and/or DVD of show
• Invitation to opening reception and events of annual juried exhibition
• Tax deduction for membership dues
SSA Membership Secretary: Betty Nolan email@example.com