Ming Chiao Chapter membership is separate from Sumi-e Society of America membership.
You may join either or both chapters and pay the appropriate fee for each chapter.
MING CHIAO CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP
OF THE SUMI-E SOCIETY OF AMERICA INC (SSA)
MINNESOTA BRIDGE…A CULTURAL BRIDGE BETWEEN EAST AND WEST
2019 MING CHIAO OFFICERS
President: Pat Gustafson Email: President
Contact: P.O. Box 831 Faribault, MN 55021
Vice President: Chris Wilson Email: Vice President
Secretary: Sue Fredrickson Email: Secretary
Treasurer: Ken Johnson Email: Treasurer
Membership: Amy Bounds Email: Membership
‘message’ Amy at Ming Chiao of Minnesota Facebook
Social Media: Amy Bounds Email: Social Media
Librarian: Jim McGuire Email: Librarian
Webmaster: Kathy Weese Email: Webmaster
Ming Chiao membership is open to any individual interested in East Asian painting and/or East Asian calligraphy. Our members include all skill levels from beginners to masters, as well as those who don’t paint but wish to learn about the art form.
Ming Chiao Chapter meets every other month to discuss business, plan special activities including workshops and exhibitions, and to participate in an after-meeting program related to Sumi-e.
Annual Dues: $35 Print Membership Application
Benefits of Ming Chiao Membership include:
- Camaraderie with others interested in the art form
- Opportunity to share current artwork at each meeting
- Participation in special member-only workshops and activities
- Exhibit artwork in member-only shows
- Participate in outreach art-related programs
- Borrow books and DVDs from Ming Chiao library
- Use of Ming Chiao Art Cart for public demonstrations and children’s classes
printable Ming Chiao brochure click icon, print and fold
Ming Chiao Membership: Amy Bounds Email: Membership
SUMI-E SOCIETY OF AMERICA INC (SSA) MEMBERSHIP
Connect East & West through East Asian Brush Painting
The Sumi-e Society of America is an educational non-profit organization 501(c)(3) founded in 1963. Membership is open to painters and non-painters. The Society has many chapters and a National Board of Directors. It is incorporated in the State of New York and is a tax-exempt organization.
Annual Dues: $40
Benefits of SSA membership include:
- Quarterly magazine featuring members’ artworks, chapter activities and reports, spotlight on a featured artist and instructional articles.
- Camaraderie with Sumi-e artists from across the U.S. and other locations
- Priority registration in annual workshop with renowned Sumi-e artist
- Reduced registration fees for annual juried exhibition
- Annual exhibition catalog and/or DVD of show
- Invitation to opening reception and events of annual juried exhibition
- Tax deduction for membership dues
SSA Membership Secretary: Carol Wiggins