Ming Chiao Chapter membership is separate from Sumi-e Society of America (SSA) membership.
You may join either or both chapters and pay the appropriate fee for each chapter.
MING CHIAO CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP
OF THE SUMI-E SOCIETY OF AMERICA INC (SSA)
MINNESOTA BRIDGE …… A CULTURAL BRIDGE BETWEEN EAST AND WEST
President: Susan Frame Email: President
Vice President: Susan Fredrickson Email: Vice President
Secretary: Mary Gunderson Email: Secretary
Treasurer: Ming Chiao Board Email: Treasurer
Member at Large: Ben Wong Email: Member-at-Large
Ming Chiao Membership is open to any individual interested in East Asian painting and/or East Asian calligraphy. Our members include all skill levels from beginners to masters, as well as those who don’t paint but wish to learn about the art form.
Ming Chiao Chapter Meetings are held every other month starting in January to discuss business, plan special activities including workshops and exhibitions, and to participate in an after-meeting program related to Sumi-e.
Meetings are held in-person, in various locations throughout the Twin Cities and several out-state cities.
If we are unable to meet in person, meetings will be conducted using the Zoom format .
Meetings are open to non-members when invited by a member, or by contacting the president by email : President.
•Please download the ZOOM app. app for computer and/or mobile devices and sign up for a free account if you do not already have one.
•The Zoom link for the meeting will be emailed to all current chapter members a week before the meeting.
Donate to Ming Chiao: If you would like to give a gift in honor or memory of Ming Chiao friends or family members, please contact Susan Frame, President, for details. Gifts can be cash or non-cash.
Annual Dues: $35 — January 1 to December 31 each year — Print Membership Application below
Benefits of Ming Chiao Membership include:
- Camaraderie with others interested in the art form
- Opportunity to share current artwork at each meeting
- Participation in special member-only workshops and activities
- Exhibit artwork in member-only shows
- Participate in outreach art-related programs
- Borrow books and DVDs from Ming Chiao library
- Use of Ming Chiao Art Cart for public demonstrations and children’s classes
Printable Ming Chiao brochure click the calligraphy icon, print and fold
Ming Chiao Membership Inquiries: Ben Wong Email: Membership
SUMI-E SOCIETY OF AMERICA INC (SSA) MEMBERSHIP
Connect East & West through East Asian Brush Painting
The Sumi-e Society of America is an educational non-profit organization 501(c)(3) founded in 1963. The Society has many chapters and a National Board of Directors. It is incorporated in the State of New York and is a tax-exempt organization.
Membership is open to painters and non-painters.
$50 – USA
$60 – Canada
$70 – Resident of Other Country
Dues are paid by check or PayPal. Find complete information for completing the Online Membership Application 2022 by clicking on the SSA Membership Application below.
Benefits of SSA membership include:
- Quarterly magazine featuring members’ artworks, chapter activities and reports, spotlight on a featured artist and instructional articles.
- Camaraderie with Sumi-e artists from across the U.S. and other locations
- Priority registration in annual workshop with renowned Sumi-e artist
- Reduced registration fees for annual juried exhibition
- Annual exhibition catalog and/or DVD of show
- Invitation to opening reception and events of annual juried exhibition
- Tax deduction for membership dues
For questions, email SSA Membership Secretary. Email: Carol Wiggins